Friday, February 19, 2010

Blog for Friday 19

Reading Feed was very interesting and better then i had expected. The part about the book that i liked the best was just seeing how brainwashed everyone was by the feed. They had lost all sense of time, family, and anything that's truly important. It was sad to see how they only depended on the feed for everything in life. The feed was always there for them to run to whenever they were feeling down. For example when Titus went and bought all new pants to fill the void of Violet. He didn't know how to react to her on a personal level and he didnt understand that she was dying and didn't have much time left. I think him not understanding was because of the feed. They are so brainwashed to loose all personal feeling with themselves, they dont recognize their emotionsWhen Titus's family had dinner i thought it was interesting that they threw away the dishes and the table, and didn't even think about it. Things are so inexpensive that they just throw them away daily.

Other then all the bad parts of the feed i did thing one part was cool. I like that it knows everyone specifically, it adapts to every person individually. It knows what you want, before you want it. it knows your specifics and what you like what you think about. This would be annoying for times when you didnt want to hear it, but for times when bored it would be interesting. I also like the chatting aspect. I like that you could just think about what you wanted to say to someone and say it to them. Its like texting but not as much work.

5 comments:

  1. "It knows what you want, before you want it. it knows your specifics and what you like what you think about."

    But what if you change your mind? Do you have a mind, or are you simply tricked into believing you do from the Feed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, i would say that the chatting aspect would be about the worst aspect of it. The last thing that I would want is to be eating supper with my family and ahve someone all at once chat me! Its like what the heck? I dont think anybody is that important that they need to have that but with the technology and the way the world is today, it might be the only way! Like when Violets dad lost the job because he didnt have the feed. I could see that happening for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you are saying. It all makes sense and I mostly agree. I guess that I just don't like this 'feed' at all. I feel like it is all bad and destroying their own intellect. I would hate to not be able to think for myself, especially if a computer was doing it for me. I guess that I just like the fact that I can think for myself, although this reading this book has made me question that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you in that they were brainwashed in a sense. But im not so sure that im into the feed knowing exactly what you want, sometimes even before you yourself know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After reading the book I have gained a lot of knowledge about they way people act and how they may feel about certain things. The book Feed was a book that told a story a girl wanting to be different. I agree with u when you say that u liked that chatting part, in there heads. It seems as though the feed had a mind of its own.

    ReplyDelete