Sunday, March 21, 2010

Post Friday the 19

When reading A Clockwork Orange there were many mixed emotions developed. Most of reading left me wanting to stop because i was so disgusted with the violence but at the same time I needed to know the outcome. I really like the in class activity that made us express our opinions towards violence, and the media today. I think that it was interesting to hear everyone's point of views on the various subjects and to try to look at things from a different point of view. The ones that were most interesting were the topics that rose the most controversy. My favorite was the one asked about child violence and punishment. I think that a crime is a crime and that at a young age children learn right from wrong, and that they know there are often consequences for their actions. A good example is when a child throws a toy at another kid, they know they will get put in time out or some sort of consequence. If a child knows right from wrong then they know not to commit crimes and should be punished the same as an adult that knows right from wrong.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way, kids should be taught right from wrong and should be able to pay the price. I think that what Alex did in the book was just wrong and he should have been punished like an adult. The book really questions many different views and main points.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Same thing about minors who are 17 one day and the next become 18. Nothing in their thought process changes and nothing in specific makes them an 'adult.' Why can the same crime be committed by two different people have different consequences?... One who was 17 almost 18. And the other just turning 18. It doesn't make sense.

    ReplyDelete