Friday, April 9, 2010

Blog for Friday 9th

I have found Fahrenheit 451 to be very interesting so far in my readings. There are many things in the book that stand out as specific differences that show contrast in the book. The contrast between light and dark in the beginning when he meets Clarisse is a good example. She is very bright and seems like full of life and ready to go, on the other hand Montag is very dark and drearry, I think this is a good way to portray them because when you think of bright things you think lively and dark sort of means dead. I also was curious when reading that when the people hear the sirens of the fire trucks are they scared or do they just think good things. When we hear sirens and think of firetrucks we think of heroes, in the book i was wondering do the people get scared that they are coming to burn them and their houses down.

3 comments:

  1. I think this book is different from the others we've read, which is a good thing. The point about Clarisse and Montag is a good description.
    A good point about how the people feel when they hear the sirens. I would feel scared if I knew that firefighters were actually going to cause fires rather than put them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was also strange that the way we view firefighters today is completely different from that in the book. Instead of being someone who is coming to help you they are people who are going to make your life more difficult. So what happens during this time if there is an actual fire that needs put out? Do they help or does it just burn to the ground?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was strange also that the firemen in this book started fires and firemen in real life put fires out. I was wondering the same thing if there is other firemen that put actual fires out.

    ReplyDelete